BA - Board Operational Goals
The board is committed to the education and success of all students.
The board will function in a non-partisan, open-minded manner, and each member will allow his or her consideration for the entire district to take precedence over every form of partisanship and special interest—political, racial, religious, geographic, economic, social, civic, or other. Each board member will look to the future to provide the best possible educational program to address the educational needs of the students in the district and will be charged with accomplishing this task while also being responsible for wise management of district resources.
The board, as a primarily legislative body, will concern itself with broad questions of policy rather than administrative details, which will be the responsibility of the superintendent. The board will carry out its functions openly, while seeking the involvement and the contributions of public, students, and staff in its decision-making processes.
The board will establish a culture of competence, collaboration, and trust.
Accordingly, the board’s goals are as follows:
- to provide leadership through clearly defined written policies based on a thorough understanding of the district’s educational program and in consultation with individuals and groups affected by those policies, as appropriate
- to interpret the educational needs and aspirations of the community and to meet them through planning, evaluating, organizing, and implementing the goals and objectives of the district
- to formulate a sound fiscal policy that demands wise and efficient use of resources
- to choose the superintendent and work harmoniously with him or her
- to maintain effective communication with the public, parents/legal guardians, and students served by the district
- to identify the educational and technological needs of the community and to transform such needs into programs aimed at preparing students for future careers
- to review its performance relative to its goals on a periodic basis