Orangeburg County School District Board of Trustees Meetings Public Participation Card
Phone E-Mail Date Topic
We encourage all citizens to follow our District’s chain of communication, so that the system might address concerns quickly and effectively at the source of the problem. Please indicate with whom you have already addressed this problem:
Teacher, if related to classroom issue
Principal, if related to school issue
Superintendent or member of the District Office staff
Orangeburg County School District Board of Trustees Meetings
Rules for Speaking
The Board appreciates your interest in the public schools. You will be allotted three minutes for your comments. Since we are usually hearing comments for the first time, it is our practice to accept your comments as information. If additional information is needed, we will contact you at a later date.
Guidelines for addressing the Board:
· Confine remarks to the business of the Board.
· Refrain from commenting on any pending student or employee discipline or grievance matter.
· Present your comments without using offensive language or making comments in a disrespectful manner.
· Refrain from criticizing or complimenting specific individuals by name.
· Comply with the three-minute time limit.
· Complete this card and submit it to the Board’s Administrative Assistant 5 days prior to the start of the public participation period for approval.
NOTE: Failure to abide by these rules will result in your forfeiting your right to speak to the Board. You will be asked to return to your seat or leave the premises. See Policy BEDH.