Creating Accessible Content
Checklist for Blackboard WCM Content Editors
While creating website content it is crucial to consider accessibility. There are a few basic steps that should be followed in order to assure your content is accessible:
- Add built-in headings to document and do not skip numbers (e.g. jumping from Heading 1 to Heading 3)
- Use built-in list options (e.g. bullets or numbers)
- Add alt text for all images
- Make all links descriptive and don't use full url or "click here"
- Define table headers and simplify tables as much as possible
Blackboard Accessibility Help Site
Blackboard Accessibility PowerPoint Handout
Accessbility Resources PDF
Current training agenda
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.