- Orangeburg County School District
OCSD Educator Nominated for National LifeChanger of the Year Award
Orangeburg, SC – Rivelon Elementary School counselor Sharon Forman has been nominated for the 2022-23 National LifeChanger of the Year award. Sponsored by the National Life Group Foundation, LifeChanger of the Year recognizes and rewards the very best K-12 educators and school district employees across the United States who are making a difference in the lives of students by exemplifying excellence, positive influence and leadership.
Forman was nominated by her colleague, Marilyn Greene for her dedication to the students, their families, the school’s community, and the Rivelon Tiger Family.
Forman has developed a trusting relationship with her students and their parents. Her guidance program is centered on cultural diversity, character development, and teaching students to make positive decisions. She does individual and group counseling with the students, allowing them to choose what environment would best suit them.
Forman brings extensive educational experience, professional affiliations, and leadership responsibilities to best serve her community. She also serves as the chairperson of various school committees and completed multiple educational achievements.
"I believe Dr. Sharon Forman deserves this award due to her continuous hard work at Rivelon Elementary School, her outreach to the Orangeburg community at large, and her dedication to the children entrusted to her care," said Greene.
Please get involved and add Dr. Forman’s nomination by leaving comments on her individual profile. The selection committee will take these comments into consideration.
About LifeChanger of the Year
Each school year, LifeChanger of the Year receives hundreds of nominations from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Eighteen individual LifeChanger of the Year awards will be given during the 2022-2023 school year.
- (1) Grand Prize Winner – will receive $10,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (4) Grand Prize Finalists – will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (10) LifeChanger Award Winners – will receive $3,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (1) Spirit Award Winner – This award is given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for their nomination. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (1) Capstone Award Winner - This award is given to a nominee retiring at the end of the 2022-23 school year. The winner will receive $3,000 to be shared with their school or district.
- (1) Spotlight Award Winner – This award is given to a nominee in a specific discipline each year. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school or district.
Winners are chosen by a selection committee comprised of former winners and education professionals, and will be announced in early 2023. Nominees must be K-12 teachers or school district employees. To be considered for an award, nominees must
- Make a positive impact in the lives of students
- Enhance their school or district’s atmosphere, culture and pride
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership at the school and/or district level
- Possess a proven record of professional excellence
- Show commitment to building a nurturing environment that supports learning
- Adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards