- Orangeburg County School District
Orangeburg County School District Superintendent Dr. Shawn D. Foster Receives an Overall “Excellent” Evaluation
ORANGEBURG - On Tuesday, Jan. 23rd, the OCSD Board of Trustees met in Executive Session to discuss its annual job performance evaluation of Superintendent Shawn Foster. Dr. Foster received an overall “Excellent” evaluation. Board Chair Ruby Edwards shared, “based on our discussion, the Board continues to be impressed with the Superintendent’s outstanding leadership and dedication to the District’s children”.
“I am most appreciative of the confidence that the OCSD Board has in my leadership as we continue to serve the students of Orangeburg County School District,” shared Dr. Shawn D. Foster, Superintendent. “We have accomplished much, but there is still so much to do, to ensure that all of our students develop their person, purpose, and platform, and I am so blessed to be able to continue the work,” he continued.
Official Public Statement, read by OCSD Board Chair Ruby Edwards
- This evening, the Board of Trustees met in Executive Session to discuss its annual job performance evaluation of Superintendent Shawn Foster.
- As Chairperson, on behalf of my fellow Board Members, I wish to announce that Dr. Foster received an overall “Excellent” evaluation. Based on our discussion, the Board continues to be impressed with the Superintendent’s outstanding leadership and dedication to the District’s children.
- For the 2022-23 school year, the Board wishes to congratulate Dr. Foster on his commitment to improving student achievement and addressing the learning challenges of our students. Dr. Foster and his curriculum team continue to introduce innovative learning programs so students can reach their highest potential. We are very pleased with the passage of the referendum which will dramatically improve schools across the District. Dr. Foster’s watchful spending has resulted in the District’s fund balance growing to $36 million all while ensuring that all our staff members receive sizable retention bonuses. We are welcoming our first classes of administrators from our Leadership Academy and a record number of support staff talent has expressed interest in our Project GROW (Getting Ready for Opportunities to Work) in Orangeburg County. Dr. Foster continues to address the needs of the whole child and our mentoring program (One Child, One Chance) was launched. In addition, the District partnered with the Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Department of Public Safety to add six additional School Resource Officers to ensure the safety of our students and staff members.
- Dr. Foster is actively seeking innovative funding ideas and grant initiatives. Through his efforts, the District received $6.32 million in grants for 16 electric buses. Dr. Foster continues to energetically promote positive relationships with the community at-large and especially in the area higher learning institutions.